Thursday, July 17, 2008

5b reflections

1.Who is your classmate, what is the component category, what is the name of the choice?
Classmate Sophear
Component A My California
Authors: Dumas, Major, Chaben, Goldmark

2. What is something this classmate said about the choice that relates to any of the assignments in projects 2-3?
She talked about how Berkeley was established in the 1880’s after the city of San Francisco had been ravaged by disasters. This relates to projects 2 and 3 because we were talking about cities like Berekely and how they came to be.

3. What is something different this classmate said about their choice that you did not realize before when you completed projects 2-3?
She brought up how she was unaware , since she grew up in a diverse community, that there was still places with a majority of white Americans. I never took into account even after projects 2 and 3, what the populations of cities are made up of.

4. How would you relate this to Freire's ideas regarding dialogue?
I think her mentioning something I did not think of in the whole race diversity side of things, made feel like maybe race is not a major concern with people any more. Only through this type of dialogue was I able to think of that.

5. How has project 2-3 helped you with the readings of the textbook?
I think in doing projects 2 and 3 I was able to learn about some of the places that were talked about in the book before I read it. This made the stories a little more interesting because I had a better sense of setting.

No comments: